People often thought that recycling requires huge effort to start with. Well, this is true, only when you start recycling every item around the house. For a light start, one could simply adjust eating habit. Details of the changes is not hard, either. With daily practice, anyone could literally do recycling at home.
– Mind About Leftovers Check again: how many times leftovers are thrown away to the bin? Instead of doing this, have it for lunch or dinner. If one doesn’t fancy cold dish, then try to reheat them. Another suggestion would be making new menu from it. Be creative with the ingredients! For any menu with broth, adding vegetables and meat will make the whole bowl.
– Serve Using Big Plates There is one problem with eating leftovers. It is the hygiene problem. Many houses choose to arrange meal on a plate. In the other words, every person has their own full dish. If all family members agree not to have any leftover, then switch the eating course. Instead of having a plate of full dish, use serving plate to put the vegetables portion and another one for the meat or fish.
– Check “Best Before” Every canned or packed product has “best before” label on it. People usually choose not to consume them when the date is near or passed, even if it is just yesterday or the day before yesterday. Sometimes, this date is just a warning that the presentation of its content won’t be appealing. However, it doesn’t mean that the product is poisonous. Check again before throwing them out.
Those members are actively supporting go green movement will try to invent new way to reduce all types of waste. Sometimes, these advices are too much for those citizen with little to none knowledge about green environment. Luckily, they could start from adjusting their eating manners.
As we know that the earth is experiencing the extreme global changing in climate and weather. It is a sign for us to do the real action to save the earth from further damages by recycling our wastes. Recycling is so important for human because it can give many positive feedbacks to the human itself. Here are some benefits of recycling that you should know.
– Save the Nature Do you know that most of the plastic can’t be recycling even for years? Human needs woods for producing the paper, pencil, tissue and more. Can’t you imagine the effect if human starting to take all the woods in the forest? The natural disaster will happen and human will lost all their belonging because of that. You can start to recycle your used paper, plastic, metals and glass. You can recycle it into a new one without having to put it away into the trash can.
– Protect the Wildlife Most of our waste will end in the ocean. All the living creatures in the ocean can die because of plastic waste. It harms the sea creatures which live in there. The turtle and whale died because of eating the plastic. They died because of getting trapped with the plastic rope. As the result, the balance of the ocean ecosystem will be disturbed. It can harm the ecosystem of the wildlife in the ocean. By recycling our waste, it means we protect wildlife from the damage caused by a human.
– Save Energy Recycling can save more energy rather than make it from raw materials. Making the recycled paper can save more energy because fewer wood fibers needed and it means more energy used in the making process. The same thing also happened to other products.
There are many benefits to recycling. You can save nature from massive disaster, protect the wildlife and save more energy.
The plastic bottle is one of the garbage which can’t be decomposed in the ground. Many plastic bottles end up in the ocean and pollute the ocean. We need a solution to turn the problem into a solution.
In order to advantage the plastic bottles at your home, you can recycle it into various things that useful for your house. Here are some creative things from that you can follow :
– Plant Pot You can create a vertical garden using the plastic bottles as the plant pots if you don╒t have enough space for gardening in your backyard or front yard. As it’s in the form of the name, the garden will be in the form of vertical shapes by hanging the plastic pots on the wall. Here are the steps on making the plastic pots. Take an empty plastic bottle of medium or big size plastic mineral water. Make a rectangle hole in the middle of the plastic bottle. You can make some small holes in the bottom of the pots so the water can drip through the holes. You can manage to pots to be hanged along the wall or all over the wall.
– The Flower and Plants Decoration You can make a beautiful ornament for your living room by advantaging the plastic bottles. There are many pattern and shape of the flower made of plastic bottles. For the clear direction and steps, you can find it on the internet. The big size plastic bottle can be transformed into the vase and branch of the tree. All you have to do is remove the top part and cut the body into tiny pieces. You can make the flowers from the plastic bag. You can put up the flowers into the stalk using the glue.
– Piggy Banks It must be fun to do the DIY project at home with your children. You can create some cute piggy banks from plastic bottles by decorating the empty plastic bottles with sheets paper, fake sticky eyes, marker, and craft wire. You will need small plastic bottles. For the first step, you can make a small hole for inserting the money. The next step is wrapping the bottle with the paper and placing the fake eyes into the bottle cap. You can add a smile or on the cap. For the last touch, you can create the ears using the paper and put the tail from the wire.
Here are some ideas of DIY plastic bottle crafts that you can try at home. You can transform the plastic bottle into plant pots, flower & plant decorations, and piggy banks.
Having some pairs of old jeans and you don’t know what to do with them? Check the article to find out what your old jeans can turn into! Jeans have strong fabric that can be an advantage for making various cute things.
– Shoulder Bag A pair of old jeans can be transformed into various awesome things. One of them is a shoulder bag. You can cut the upper part of your old jeans and sew the bottom into a bag pattern. You can use the other part as the bag straps. This stylish bag is suitable to hang out or go grocery shopping.
– Jeans Basket You can transform your old jeans into a basket for your craft supplies. It is very easy to make. You need the longer part of your old jeans. You can cut it into two or three parts. It can be adjusted with how big you want for your baskets. You need to prepare cotton fabric as the inner part. You can combine the fabric and sew it together. Don’t forget to sew the edge of the fabric. You need to manage the fabric into the basket shape and put your supplies in it.
You can transform your old jeans into a basket for your craft supplies. It is very easy to make. You need the longer part of your old jeans. You can cut it into two or three parts. It can be adjusted with how big you want for your baskets. You need to prepare cotton fabric as the inner part. You can combine the fabric and sew it together. Don’t forget to sew the edge of the fabric. You need to manage the fabric into the basket shape and put your supplies in it.
– Bracelets This is another great project to do with your sewing machine. You can create a unique pattern with colorful threads along the denim fabric if you have the embroidery feature in your sewing machine. You can choose the hard part of the jeans to be used as the bracelets. Using the hasp you can hook the edge of the fabric and put it in the bracelet chain. It will be beautiful accessories to use or give it as a gift.
– Small Pouch One of the simple DIY projects to do with the jeans is turning it into the simple pouch. You can sew it manually or with the help of a sewing machine. There are dozens of online simple pouch pattern that can be downloaded through the internet. Find one of your favorite there! You can add a simple ribbon or cotton lining with contrast color for making your pouch elegant.
– DIY Necklace Have you ever thought to make your own accessories from your old jeans? Well, you can start your business by modifying the old jeans into a beautiful necklace. Of course, you can combine the necklace with lace or silk ribbon as the string.
A pair of old jeans can be transformed into various things which really attractive and has economic value. You can start your crafting business by turning the old jeans into a nice shoulder bag, a basket, a bracelet, a small pouch, and a necklace.
You must be amazed at how a bottle cap can be changed into a beautiful craft in the right hands. As an effort to recycle the plastic bottles, you can follow some ideas of turning the bottle caps into some unique DIY crafts. Bottle caps value as useless waste which doesn’t have economic value. If you are such a person with that thought, you should change your mindset and see how some unique crafts can be made from the bottle caps.
DIY Coffee Table Top
If you have an old coffee table with a damaged top part, you can renew it using the bottle caps. First of all, you need to clean the surface of your old coffee table. Once, you make sure that you have finished it; you can arrange different bottle caps on the table. You can design the pattern as you like. You can arrange it based on the color or just do it randomly. You can attach the bottle caps on the table using the special glue. For the final touch, you can cover the coffee table using the glass and make the lining at the edge for the safety.
You can create a unique key holder using the bottle cap as the main material. You can clean it wrap it with felt fabric. The plain felt will look less interesting, therefore you can stitch small letters or symbol to make it attractive for. Another way is by making the small hole in the metal bottle cap and writes unique words on the inner side of the bottle cap. In order to finish your key holder project, you need to put the key chain into the bottle caps.
Do you know that you can make a small container using the plastic bottle cap? You can take two bottle caps and make it a small container. You can use put together the necks of the bottle caps together and create a waterproof container.
You can decorate your old mirror using the colorful bottle caps by arranging them around the edge of the mirror. It will give unique look and make the room bright and alive. The metal bottle caps are a suitable option for this project. It has a unique look and design which can make the plain mirror looking amazing and gorgeous.
The bottle caps can transform into various DIY crafts. They are a DIY coffee table top, key holder, small container and mirror frame.
Trash diet is a term for designing a method of producing the least waste from individual’s daily consumption. Most people called it as “zero waste” movement. This nickname scares many who haven’t learned the process yet. It is not about eliminating all kind of waste. Instead of suffocating individuals, trash dieting is relatively easy to follow.
Cut Shopping Items
In every house, there is one time for big cleaning. It is not just any ordinary cleaning, since all outdated products and leftovers are being thrown out of refrigerator and cabinet. Upon seeing the amount of unused items, you cannot ignore the fact that there are too many of them. The more items to throw means more wasted money.
When it is time to do grocery shopping, keep it mind to buy the basic needs only. Pass or ignore discounted items area. This is where many buyers are tempted to put unnecessary items just because they are “cheaper”. If they are not in the shopping list, skip them.
Say No To Disposable
Buying disposable packaging might seem convenient at first. Stop and think for a minute. More disposable bag or carton at home is equal to more trash. It will be against the whole idea of trash dieting. In addition, they will make the space looks messier in no time.
Instead of grabbing disposable materials, opt for more reusable items. They are glass, stainless cup and clay. Try to think another way to use the material after it is emptied. Easier option is choosing the reusable version of the product. Be open minded and admit that most daily items are reusable.
Is it hard to start trash dieting? Not really. It all comes back to one’s mind power only. By relying on rationality instead of impulsive thought, anyone could pass the diet without any serious problem. If you don’t believe it, try for yourself.